Sunday, August 29, 2010

The 21st Century Philosopher...

NEW - We have taken the direction of Quantum Obligation (QO).  I hope that with your input...We can make this the philosophy of the 21st century!

Getting to the bottom-line, QO holds that...it is every living creature's obligation to leave every moment bettter for having been a participant...

Read on...join in...question it and leave it better for you having been a participant...

******************************************

Where we came from...

For the past few years, I have been on a personal mission to find the 21st century philosopher.

Every generation has had an advocate and a guide. The Greeks had Socrates and Plato, then came Aristotle…fast forward to Descartes, Hume, Kant and others…

Now we are in the 21st century...and...NOONE...A VOID!

I have entertained the possibility of certain celebrities, and sport figures…a singer and a songwriter...an artist and even a commedian!

I was almost convinced that I found them in the great cosmologists Sagan, and Hawking…

Then I was introduced to a self-made surfer/physicist...

But not one of those choices left me with that sense of accomplishment, and closure...you know what I mean...that truly peaceful feeling that I have arrived at the end of my goal!

I could not proclaim, “…AT LAST...I HAVE FOUND YOU!”

At the highest levels…

The 21st century philosopher must be an individual that embraces the climate and culture(s) of today…its values and aspirations! This individual must stand as an icon of what it represents and with a level of integrity that he guides…demands absolute coherency of the world at large! The philosopher of this generation needs to have a uncanny understanding of the foundation upon which today’s society functions…its strengths and weaknesses…and how one needs to play in this arena…the real "rules of engagement" and finally have advice to take us into the future!

That is not everything…but even at this point it is no easy matter to meet those characteristics!

But nothing worth having is easy to obtain!

So…let’s chase down this philosopher!

Let’s find him or her…

…and revel in our discovery!

Let the nominations and discussions begin!

CLICK HERE To go to this blog series...

No comments:

Post a Comment